22.4.2022

Departure from Helsinki / lähtö Helsingistä

The weather seems to be favoring my plans. The early, sun-bathed Helsinki is full of happy looking children.

I'm tempted to try to tell you all kinds of things about my route to the city center. But I know much too much about my home city. I can try to share those things on later posts if I have extra time. For the time being, I'll simply comment on things I saw.

In Helsinki, I usually use the bike to go everywhere. I was reluctant to do it this time because I'll have to fetch the bike separately - I'm leaving by ferry, but coming back by plane. However, the beautiful morning tricked me once again into taking the bike trip to the city center.

Sää näyttää suosivan matkasuunnitelmaani. Varhainen, auringossa kylpevä Helsinki on täynnä iloisia lapsia.

Houkuttaisi kertoa kaikenlaisia juttuja näistä matkan varrella olevista paikoista, mutta tunnen kotikaupunkini liian hyvin. Voin yrittää kirjoitella niistä myöhemmin matkan varrella, jos ylimääräistä aikaa löytyy. Tällä kertaa kommentoin vain näkemiäni asioita.

Helsingissä ollessani kuljen yleensä pyörällä ihan joka paikkaan. Tällä kertaa epäilytti, koska pyörä pitää hakea jälkikäteen: lähden laivalla mutta palaan lentokoneella, joten pyörä jää keskustaan. Mutta aamu oli niin kaunis että pakko oli pyöräillä keskustaan.

There's a small creek in Viikki. The school and sports facilities are located next to it.

Viikissä on pieni puro. Koulu ja liikuntapalvelut ovat sen varrella.

The kids are already having fun in the kindergarten.

Lapset pitävät jo hauskaa tarhan pihalla.

There are lots of fields in Viikki, as if it were countryside. But the fields are mainly used for research purposes (the agricultural campus of the University of Helsinki is nearby).

Viikki näyttää maaseudulta monien peltojensa vuoksi. Useimmat pellot ovat kuitenkin tutkimuskäytössä, sillä Helsingin yliopiston maa- ja metsätalouskampukset ovat Viikissä.

Downtown, high school girls are feeling like the spring has come.

Keskustassa lukiolaistytöt tuntevat olonsa keväisiksi.

My ferry is showing.

Laiva näkyy jo.

If you plan your route well in Helsinki "old" town, you'll be able to walk mostly in parks.

Jos suunnittelee reittinsä hyvin Helsingin "vanhassa" kaupungissa, pääsee enimmäkseen puistoja pitkin.

Ei kommentteja: